A study has been undertaken by a leading consultant in order to compare the COR Synergy to traditional VRF (refrigerant based) systems. For a sample hotel project, the COR Synergy was compared against VRF with gas fired boiler and VRF with ASHP with respect to:
• Building Regulations Part L performance
• London Plan section 5.2 performance
• BREEAM point score
VRF with ASHP DHW
VRF with Gas Boiler
The findings of this study were that:
• COR Synergy achieves 25% reduction on Part L, compared to VRF with air source DHW which only achieves 16% reduction (based on the current Part L carbon factors).
• COR Synergy achieves 64% reduction on the London Plan. VRF with Gas boilers is no longer a compliant solution, based on the new carbon factors required by the Greater London Authority (GLA)
• COR Synergy has the potential to unlock at least 1 additional BREEAM Point.